In my last post, I revealed why a Core Message Platform should be the first marketing piece you create for your products, services and books. Today I’m going to provide a quick review of what a Core Message Platform is, and then give you a structure for creating one that is robust and dynamic.
A Core Message Platform is a comprehensive document that contains all of your relevant marketing and selling statements. Once completed, it serves as the “master messaging document” from which you create lead-generation and direct-response marketing content for your product.
When you write marketing materials based on the refined copy in your Core Message Platform, it ensures your entire campaign will have a consistent voice, style and message.
This is incredibly important because repetition builds reputation.
Be Flexible. Get Creative.
I’ve written dozens of Core Message Platforms for my clients, and no two have been organized exactly the same. So you have a lot of flexibility in how you arrange them.
It’s your own internal document, so set it up in a way that meets your specific needs. As a guide, many of the Core Message Platforms I’ve written have been 12 to 15 pages long, and divided into the following sections:
- Product tagline ideas
- Description of your specific target market
- Explanation of the deeper human value provided by your product
- Description of how your product works (or what your book is about)
- Unique selling proposition statement
- Emotional selling proposition statement
- Product positioning statement (how you want it to be perceived in the market)
- Endorsements from industry experts and peers
- Core message benefit statements that support your primary selling points
- Core message benefit statements intended to overcome potential product objections
Again, you have a lot of flexibility in how you organize your Core Message Platform. You can add/subtract sections, or mix and match them to serve your unique situation. So be creative and strategic—and have fun with it.
In my next post, I’ll detail exactly why a Core Message Platform makes it so much easier to market your product and achieve big-time RESULTS!
Please leave a comment! If you got a knowledge boost from this post I encourage you to share it with your crowd!
For more persuasive marketing content secrets, sign up below for my free sales writing updates. You’ll also receive my free special report on how to develop Core Message Platforms.